Hello there. Today, I would like to introduce you to a truly important topic. Something you should start using asap, since traditional affiliate marketing is less and less effective, and you need this in order to instantly boost your conversions, EPC, ROI and thus, your bottom line. Most importantly, it is the ability to literally outperform other affiliates.
I am sure you’re pretty much familiar with the concept of the Sales funnel. You drive traffic to the top of the funnel (the easy to consume product, often a free newsletter, pdf, video course, coupon…), and then drive them through the funnel while educating them, engaging with them, nurturing them, and turning them into consistent buyers and ambassadors.
That’s the main idea about Sales Funnels.
And, the same goes with Affiliate Funnels.
The main difference is that some parts of the funnel are controlled by 3rd party websites (the offer you’re promoting as an affiliate for example, the webinar you’re pushing for one of your partners…).
So, tackling affiliate marketing with that in mind sends the entire Affiliate marketing strategy to a whole new level.
You’re stepping out of the “drive traffic to a given offer” story in hope of getting a high enough EPC (earning per click) so that it covers your advertising costs and you generate profit (positive ROI), to step into the “I strategize my affiliate promotion within a full fledged, optimized Affiliate funnel”, which will increase engagement and conversions.
As a side effect, such strategies usually generate 4 to 10 times more profit than the one leg approach!
How can you do that?
I can’t get into much detail, since it would require full training (which you can get there btw, step-by-step), but here are a few guidelines that should help you get started right (you don’t have to follow all these points; as I said, some steps can be omitted and you can insert multiple steps as well):
- Qualify your incoming traffic through a Lead Capture page
- Engage and start building rapport with your leads through email. This will tell them something about you, and the product you’re promoting;
- Send them to a pre-selling page (optional but highly recommended, check other posts on this blog – this allows you to improve conversions, add value, bypass poor sales pages, and offer more services);
- Since this is an affiliate funnel, redirect them to the product you’re promoting upon signup, or through your pre-sell page (and through the auto-respond follow-up messages);
- Encourage people to contact you once they purchase the product you’re promoting so that you can help them get started (yes, this is not your product, but only endorse products with which you know you can help people);
- You’ve made commissions. Your referral got back to you to claim your help – the bonus, the getting started guide (whatever you pitched to add value in your emails and/or pre-sell pages), so it’s time to activate the 2nd part of the Affiliate funnel;
- UP-SELL your referrals to anything you can think of that would be relevant to the bonus you offered, or to your other services. Say you’re offering a free website to people who perform a purchase through your link, up-sell them extra services (installation, customization, logo design, content creation, backlinks…);
- Plug your “buyers” into different mailing lists (free signups, simple referrals, referrals+buyers of your up-sells, high spenders…) and then continue communication with them;
- Rinse and repeat: create a new Funnel to get new leads into your system, or to re-qualify free signups who never interacted with your paid content. Propose more services to your buyers.
You’re acting as a real online entrepreneur, not just as an affiliate. This is what makes a big difference between generating a few sales as an affiliate and making it big as an affiliate. You’re just thinking outside of the box and you’re also selling easy services (that you will outsource, of course, and you will only manage the relation).
This means that traffic will not be an issue anymore, even as an affiliate. You now have an optimized funnel with HUGE earnings per click, compared to sending blind traffic to an affiliate offer through direct linking!
This further means that you can buy more and more traffic, even pay more than your competition and still rake in HUGE profits.
That’s what Affiliate Marketing is or, at least, what it should be. That’s what you should aim for!